Monday, April 12, 2010

What a stressful Monday, Pesto saved my day!

How come Mondays after long weekends are dreaded? I am not (yet) working though I felt all my energy drained as soon as I got home. Today was make or break for me, I needed to finish my documents so that I could fly to China on Friday as scheduled. My friends would say, What's new Regina? I have always been the buzzer beater, queen of mishap, deadline beater in the group.

But pesto saved my almost rotten day! I promised to cook for my former boss and agents tomorrow and I made sure that I mustered enough strength at 9 in the evening to mise en place. And so I gathered my EVOO, fresh basil, garlic and... cream cheese!

I also promised my former boss to concoct a vinaigrette for her salad - I did a Calamansi-Basil Vinaigrette.

I'd have to tell you more about my 2 recipes once I get decent feedback from the team. Wish me luck! Twit This! Share

No comments:

Post a Comment