Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pesto saved my day, continued...

Chef Popit once said that the best indicator that your food is good is if your guests ask for more, or at least finish their plates if they are not on PG-mode. So imagine my delight when one of my agents, Anna, who took over the team when I resigned, texted me and asked for more!  The Tuna Pesto was a success, though the Calamansi-Basil Vinaigrette needs a little more fine-tuning.

I don't have a camera right now (it was stolen) so the photo below is an old one:

From my file: Tuna and Blue Cheese Pesto with Focaccia bread 
(which I baked in school) and Reduced Balsamic vinegar


For the pesto, I usually choose Penne or Fusili, only because I think Pesto doesn't look appealing with the string pastas. Since Parmesan is expensive, I used cream cheese which gave my pesto an awesome body. I saw the volume triple when I processed the cheese with the already processed basil and extra virgin olive oil. Can I say that cream cheese is a pretty good (expensive) extender?

And so my 500g fusili was able to feed a multitude - about 15 people. My former director, Inay Isay, told me that texture and flavor-wise, my pesto is indeed a product of my Culinary studies. My heart bled upon reading that comment.

My experimental vinaigrette, however, is a different story. More of that tomorrow! Twit This! Share

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog but like it so much I've become a follower. Keep up this wonderful work, please :-). I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete